Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 2 of conference


So, the thing is finally over..
Yesterday started veryveryvery early for me - i woke up a little before 7am..yeah, those who know me are going "WTF?!How on earth did you get up so early?"..well, it definately was not easy..took me about an hour to look less zombie-like, but i still felt like shit..the invisible ball was stuck down my throat..
Coughing my lungs out - check
Piercing headaches while coughing - check
Runny nose - check
With all three of the above, listening to the presentations and trying to think along was nearly impossible but somehow i managed.
So what new things did i found out on the second day?
Americans like stuff..a lot of stuff..Keeping up with the Jones's stuff..
Romero's zombie films have a point in them
Americans like big things (houses,cars,food etc)..supersize,people, it's all about supersize
American dream is not what it used to be..you know, crisis affects that shit and all..nightmarish rather..
Cary Grant thought his best side was his left one..or no, wait..er..right side
bad bank is the same as unmarried bachelor in some linguistic term (oxymoron, i think..)
Young kids are permanently attached to youtube..
Some small cities in the US are relocating their residents to different parts of the town to save some money..
Huh, guess i better start soon on the response paper before i forget things..

The weirdest part of yesterday was when out of the blue my left leg started to hurt..i mean like 'i-pulled-my-muscle-pain'..very weird..And it still hurts.
When the conference ended, i came back to the dorm, entered my room like a tornado, throwing everything either on the floor or the table and just collapsed on the bed..and slept until the morning..it felt soooooo good..And im slightly more human today..
Since today is Sunday, everyone seems to think about making pancakes.I woke up and the kitchen smelled like them,mm..I tried, but mine came out more waffle-like (next time - more flour)..haa haa, what a moron:D
I have a small amount of cognac left, so i guess its time for a final cup of tea with it..oh well:)

No comments: